Tuesday, June 28, 2011

To Live Fully


 I am reading One Thousand Gifts by ANN Voskamp.  I am embracing living more purposefully and fully but how???  Then too how do I live more fully for Christ in the second half of my life?  These questions that have been floating around in my head and slowly...I am seeing God answer these questions.  On Sunday, our pastor shared about FAITH and that living by faith does NOT change from generation to generation.  All generations have seen miracles and continue to experience God's grace.  Faith IS: the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen, the foundation for our convictions and treating the WORD of God as fact.  So when we live by Faith in God by the WORD of GOD (the BIBLE) we will live more fully and purposeful.  I know this but something resonated and I heard it more clearly.  Then as I was reading I hear this from Ann; "The whole of the life~even the hard~ is made up of the minute parts, and if I miss the infinitesimals, I miss the whole."  I don't want to miss the whole.  From Ann's book again:   "Something always comes to fill the empty places.  And when I give thanks for the seemingly microscopic, I make a place for God to grow within me."  That's what I am pondering today as Mason and I enjoyed a 4 mile walk on the beach this morning.


A lovely place to sit and be still with God.


A great way to think about each day! Another gift!

Our beautiful beach!  Mason & I walked from the Newport Pier to the Balboa Pier and back!

This precious grandbaby...loves to go for walks with grandma or anything else I want to do!  
What a gift!

Something pretty that caught my eye!  When we "LIVE SLOW" we stop to take it all in!


Mason and I heading back to get some pizza and shaved ice!! Yum!


From one pier to the other...great exercise, beautiful surroundings and a great way to spend a morning!



Yummy Shaved Ice!!






6 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Great post! I've heard great things about that book and will add it to my book wish list. So much truth!

You are so lucky to be able to spend quality time with Mason. He sure is growing fast.

Hugs,
Kat

sharon said...

Connie, I recently found your blog and love it! Looks like you had a perfect day. I will be adding this book to my must read list.
I have just started my own blog. Please pay me a visit!
http://sharonscorner-sharon.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Sharon

Just a little something from Judy said...

God is teaching you some of the same things He is teaching me lately. The "being still" part is so important for me. I think your pictures are so beautiful and your little grandson is one fortunate little guy to have time to spend with you.

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Sweet...sweet...friend...I <3 your post today.

God is truly teaching me some of these very same lessons.

Oh..how my heart longs for a simpler...quiet life. Humm......getting there is the trick!

I've missed your blogging, and I look forward to catching up!

Joy Junktion said...

What a precious, precious gift you have been given to be able to enjoy life and family and not have to work full-time!! Wish I had a few moments to enjoy life:)

Christine said...

I appreciate you reminding us to slow down. Especially during the summer when on vacations.

Your photography is stunning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails