Monday, October 27, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook #2


For Today

Outside my window...the sun is shining bright and it's warm.  It's supposed to be in the high 80's today.  So much for fall around here.  It's true...we don't put our shorts away until after Thanksgiving.

I am thinking...about how blessed I am to be able to watch my two grand babies while their parents work.  I'm glad they don't have to go to a babysitter we don't know.

From the learning rooms...I am learning so much about myself and how to be still and listen to God's word.  To laugh more and have fun!

I am thankful for...my good health, good friends, my friend, Roger from high school who called to say "hi" and my new little grandson due any day!

From the kitchen...the smell of coffee.  I am going to make cookies later and pot pies for dinner.

I am wearing...a yellow babydoll top, tan shorts and sandals.  Remember it's still summer here!

I am reading...photography magazines to learn how to take better photographs.  I love sharing pictures with family and friends.

I am hoping...that my daughter has her baby this week.  She is so anxious and excited.  

I am creating...nothing at this time.  I have some projects to work on...just gotta take the time.

I am hearing...Bella talking sweetly to her baby and our dog, Speed barking for attention.

Around the house...Bella is playing, Dylan is sleeping and laundry is getting done.

One of my favorite things...being home and not having to go anywhere.  We've been on the go since my surgery.  It's nice to spend a day at home.

A few plans for the Rest of the Week...to see my friend, Vicki, play with my grandchildren, get an offer accepted and open escrow, paint the computer room, meet with our pastor's wife to take on a project for her(answered prayer!) and play softball on Thursday night!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
I got to experience fall in Chicago.  We took a wrong turn and found this little lake and the trees were gorgeous around it.  We all were in awe of God's creation and the beauty of it.  We took pictures each couple with this in the background.  AMAZING!!

For more Simple Woman Day Books, visit The Simple Woman.  Have a great day!

8 comments:

Karen said...

You have a fun blog! I love the design:) How exciting for your family, to be welcoming another baby. You have some beautiful grandkids.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Gorgeous. Your posts are always very soothing, sort of like the ones Barb posts on A Chelsea Morning.

Joy Junktion said...

I love this. Nice to have fun in blogland.
Where abouts do you live in CA? I am a CA girl too however we live in HOT AZ and it is still summer here also 94 today. Shorts never get put away except possibly in January.
I just had my 50th birthday on Friday ~ not so bad ~ had the fun of celebrating for 10 days.
I also take care of my granddaughter 2 nights a week while mama works. What a privilege!
Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Blessings, Cindy

Nina Diane said...

High 80's!! we are around 40 degrees right now....and supposed to be down in the 30's tonight. Fall is here in Virginia!
Connie that's great you get to stay home with the grandkids....I would love to be home with Maddox. But I stayed home for 14 years with my kids so now it's time to work!! hahaha....

The Berry's Patch said...

Connie,

It's still in the mid 90's here. I guess you probably already know that. I had to turn my ac on again today.

I love those days where I can stay home and not go anywhere. I can't remember the last time I was able to do that.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I really like this little post. It is relaxing to read and take some inventory on life, isn't it?
Carrie

Gayle said...

It is 10 below zero right now, and I'd love to join you in a pair of shorts! Staying home is nice, isn't it?!
The White House

june said...

Connie,

Thanks for stopping by. Thanks for
the reminder that when we cannot handle it..........God can.

June

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails