Monday, November 17, 2008

It's a HOT Day!


I've finally caught up with my sleep and am feeling good.  Thanks for all your kind thoughts and encouragement.  Saturday I missed seeing this sweet little one.... because this is what I ran into and they closed the freeway just ahead of me.  Yes, one of the California fires.
So today, I enjoyed this little one who was Emily Elizabeth for Halloween and....
her brother who was Clifford.  Isn't he the cutest???
I'm jealous of all of you with the weather turning like this...
We are still experiencing 90 degree days.  I know I should not complain but after experiencing the fall weather in Chicago a month ago.  I want winter to come.  I had to change out of my jeans today at noon and put on my shorts because I was HOT!


Thank you to Kim at Nothing Can Separate Me for the creative blogger award.  I feel like I'm running out of interesting things to blog about and then I click back into reality and this is really just my journal of my last 6 months to my fabulous 50th birthday!  So it is...what it is and I thank those of you who stop by regularly and have become bloggy friends.  It's so special to get a response and I love reading all your blogs about your lives, your crazy thoughts and feelings and whatever pops into your head.  I am supposed to make of list of 10 things that make me happy so here they are!

1.  My family-Hubby, daughter, son#1 and son#2...my life is so much better because of you!

2.  My grandchildren-Bella, Dylan and Mason..such joy you bring to my life!  I love the smiles!

3.  A call from my mother telling me she's okay and she loves me.

4.  My mother coming for Christmas!

5.  A lazy day sipping hot coffee or tea and snuggling in a soft blanket.

6.  Sitting on the beach watching the waves and the people.

7.  Coming home to a clean house.

8.  Cookies baking in the oven.

9.  A great photo that I took that just pops off the page!

10.  Good friends to spend time with.

Now I pass this on to.....Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee, Heidi at the Zawisza Tribune and Denise at The "Cent"sible Sawyer.  I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do!

Connie

7 comments:

nancygrayce said...

I'm catching up with my blog reading! Listen, being in your
50's is going to be great! I'm praying about the fires....my son, daughter in laws and my grandchildren are out there, although I don't think they are near the fires this time.

I love your blog so don't stop when you turn 50! I love your new granddog! What kind is Milo? Cute for sure.

The Berry's Patch said...

Connie,

It's still hot hear too. I was reading the weather chart and it supposed to get better by next week. I'm not sure about your area though. It's hard to get into the holiday spirit when it's so darn hot.

Your grand babies are darling! :-)

cindy said...

Hi Connie, I saw your blog on veryberrynice's blogroll and thought "I can relate!" I am turning 50 next week, and I'm not real excited about it.....what is it about that number?....and the mirror is not helping. I hope you have a great birthday...and you are not alone....maybe we could hold each others hand through it! Take care, ~Cindy~

Anonymous said...

Connie,

We love a lot of the same things--beach, cookies, hot coffee & a snuggly blanket and of course our family!!

That baby is just so precious--keep the pictures coming! And "Emily Elizabeth & Clifford"-great combo costumes!!

Stay safe from the fires!
hugs,
Kim

Linda said...

I certainly know what you mean about it still being hot...it's hot here in my part of CA too. I've got shorts on now!

We're going up north for Thanksgiving...I can't wait for some cooler weather.

Heidi Zawisza said...

Thanks for the tag... hopefully I will be able to catch up in blog world this weekend!!!
Oh, and sorry to hear about your hot weather......you might not want to read my post in the morning, because it is definitely NOT hot here, and I am posting some of your "wishes"......

Debbie Petras said...

I'm so glad you came to visit my blog Heart Choices. I can identify with the age thing; I'm more than 50 years old. Don't tell anyone (hah).

I'm going to spend some time reading more of your blog over the next few days. I love getting to know new friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails