***This was supposed to post automatically on Sept. 16th and obviously it didn't so I'm posting it anyway!
I've decided to join Linda or Lidna at 2nd Cup of Coffee with her Random Dozen meme. If you'd like to join, just copy the questions and answer them on your blog and link back to Linda. You can also pull this button from her sidebar to put in your post. So here goes:
1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
A long boring meeting because you have to sit there quiet and act interested. In the return line at least you can talk to those around you or people watch to pass the time. :)
2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become "passive agressive?"
I will generally bite back. I know it's not the best thing to do but I try to do the right thing and usually have my reasons. I will usually apologize if I say something that I didn't mean or was hurtful.
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country are you from, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff?)
Yes, my family came from Germany in the 1800's and immigrated to Iowa to farm, but after a couple bad years they packed up and moved to North Dakota to farm there which was pretty successful. My grandpa used to hold political rallies on his farm in the early 1900's when the candidates were coming through the area. The love of food continues in our family especially baking.
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/himself to you?
I enjoy people who love to laugh, are positive, love their family and seek to live a life pleasing to God. I also like those who are a bit adventurous and like to see new things.
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream?? (NOTE: You cannot say "ALL of the ABOVE". You must choose ONE!! Feel free to elaborate on flavor memories tied to your choice.) You may share a recipe if you'd like but you don't have to.
I don't like the rules to this one because I like cake and cookies but OK, I will choose COOKIES!! It's probably because my mom made homemade cookies every week of my life growing up. We always had a new batch each week. I love chocolate oatmeal no bake cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, 5 chip cookies, peanut butter kiss cookies, sugar cookies with or without icing, peanut butter, chocolate chip macadamia, butterscotch creme cookies and snickerdoodles to name a few!! I also love the new blonde oreo cookies and many more from the store. I'd better stop now but ya'll I LOVE COOKIES!!! YES I DO!!!
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
Yes, I started doing this a few years ago when I had extra money to buy things for myself and there were so many cute purses. My sister encouraged me!
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
I am soooo task-oriented and have realized that in my later years and now make a strong effort to be more relationship-oriented.
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
I just discovered Cracker Barrel this year and it's my favorite! Everything I've eaten has been soooo good and at a good price! AND you can shop afterwards!!! :)
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress? Why?
I haven't left very many but should have left a few. The one that sticks in my mind is Disney's Fantasia. We took our 3 year old to see Mickey and when Mickey didn't show up in the movie for at least a 1/2 hour after 50 million "Where's Mickey Mouse?" and the movie was too slow for a 3 year old, we left and got ice cream!!
10. What is one area of your life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?
I'd like to be more disciplined to exercise on a regular basis. I can plan it in my head and then I just get busy right away and never get to it. I know it's so important to exercise into your later years and I NEED to be more regular at doing something each day. I do really well with a personal trainer and had one for a year and a half. I just can't afford that now.
11. Was middle school fun or painful?
It was fun for me. I attended middle school in Madrid, Spain while my dad was stationed there in the Air Force. I had great friends, a great youth group, freedom to go all over Madrid exploring with my friends on the trolley cars and subway. My challenge was that I was tall and skinny and the fashion was long pants to cover your shoes. I had a hard time finding long pants and then my mom would shrink them in the wash. Interesting, the things you remember!!
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
I guess it would be a spiced coffee or a mocha coffee with whip cream. Hot chocolate with marshmallows is a treat now and then!
Now you know me a little better. I hope you still like me. If you'd like to join in go see Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee .