Friday, January 22, 2010

Another Rain Day!

It's another rainy day and the backyard is still flooded up to the back door. I had breakfast with a friend and now I'm trying to figure out how to make myself productive (besides blogging and facebook!). After my bout with the flu last weekend I got a huge burst of energy and cleaned out my pantry. Do you do that? I threw away all the expired items and there were a few. I'm learning that I don't need such a full pantry with only one child still at home only once in a while. It's a bit bare but now I know what I have.

Looking in....
The other side...there is one more shelf on the top and bottom. I couldn't get a good photo of it.

The hubby and I watched the movie Food Inc. and have vowed to eat less meat and use more natural foods with less preservatives. It's amazing what the food companies are putting in our food as filler to make it taste good and the government just looks the other way. We are going to start a garden and shop at our local farmer's market. I know some of you say...well, I've been doing that for years. It's just not the way of life in the city but we do have the Farmer's Market and other local fruit and vegetable stands to get locally grown food from.

So what are you doing different this year??

4 comments:

Nina Diane said...

I don't think Johnny and I have adjusted to it being just the 3 of us now....and Jake isn't here much either. I have not seen that movie but I've read a lot of things. I do not buy much can food anymore due to the junk they put in it to perserve it. I eat fresh in season and frozen in the winter. It's a good change.....

Karen said...

Good girl! I just did this too. I had cake mixes that had expired in 2005! Good grief!
Organization is good. I need to do my linen closet . . .
But I want to paint the studio first . . . we'll see! I look at that task and it is just - oh UGH - HUGE! But I am so over the green.
COME HELP ME! :)

Justabeachkat said...

We find it's almost cheaper (and a lot easier) to eat out since there's just the two of us. But...I just can't do it all the time. I'm trying hard to stay away from the carbs as much as I can.

Hugs!
Kat

Nishant said...

I can still find the energy to go blog visiting!

Work from home India

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails