Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What a way to start 2010

2009 was a tough year for us financially and personally and this blog has helped get me through it. I was thinking that I was so glad this year was done and we could start 2010 a new when on December 30th my husband was laid off. We were somewhat shocked but his company has been going through lay offs all year. So here we are joining many of you now with a 50+ spouse looking for a job. We are praying that God will provide and he always does and we know he's in control. We are still working out the separation agreement...so please pray for an acceptable outcome.

Then, my father-in-law who I've been blessed with for over 31 years passed away Tuesday morning of congestive heart failure. He was 90 years old. I had a wonderful day with him and Arlene (my mother-in-law) that day. We celebrated with the rest of the family a couple days later. It's hard to accept he's gone from this earth but he is in heaven and for that I am thankful. I look forward to seeing him there one day!


So for 2010...it's been an interesting start and I'm looking forward to trusting God to see what's going to happen next.

10 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow you've had a lot to process in recent days. So sorry about your fil...so glad you can be comforted in kinowing you will see him again.

Praying the right thing comes along for your husband. Take care!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Today as I read this post from you my dear blogging friend, I hurt. I am hearing this report from so many people and it is so painful to accept. And then to have to say goodbye to your wonderful father-in-law, well I know for sure you will need our prayers. Thank you for sharing. Certainly we are all wondering today what is ahead in this new year. My prayers are with you whenever God brings you to my mind.

Karen said...

I will give you a hug in person in a few hours when we begin our little "escape" together - each week.
I love you.

Debbie said...

I'm putting you and your family on my prayer list. My brother, who is 51 years old, was in the same boat. His company went under a few months ago. We filled the last few months with lots of prayer and a whole lot of faith...He was called for employment this past Monday. He thinks he's going to like the new job even better than his old job. God is good and is never late! So hang in there, keep your chin up and your prayers strong. When the going gets tough, remember Job. You will reach your blessing.

Deepest sympathy for the loss of your Father-in-law!!!!

nancygrayce said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! These are such tough times. I have a son out of work too. I'm praying!

Nina Diane said...

oh Connie...I'm so sorry to hear of this about your husband. I had read about your FIL on FB. It is such tough times. Jobs in Virginia are starting to pick up....c'mon out here and be my neighbor! Hugs and prayers to you and your family. I know we've never met but belive me when I say, you are my friend.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Connie,

So sorry to hear that your husband lost his job. So so many people are in tough job situations. I will add you to my prayer list.

I know that you know how good our God is and how He will provide. May He give you the strength to endure. God bless you friend.

Anonymous said...

((Hugs)) I knew about your father in law from your facebook posts but I didn't realize about the layoff. It is always a possibility with every job. I'll keep your husband on my prayer list for a spectacular new job.

Whenever a door closes start looking for that window.

Keeping your mother in law in my prayers, too.

Joy Junktion said...

You know that I am continuing to pray for you family. {{HUGS}} to you all!!!

Connie said...

Thank you everyone! Pastor's message was great today about believing God WILL do what he has promised and he has promised to take care of each and every one of us and I'm holding to that promise.'

Love you all....Connie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails