Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bye Bye Speed!

Speed our dog of almost 3 years took a trip last weekend to her new home in Colorado. Our oldest son talked his wife into taking her because I was thinking of finding her a good home since no one around here was giving her enough attention. (Sorry but I am not a dog person and I gave her my best but I thought she needed more.) So a road trip it was....my wonderful and dogloving son, Dallas (father of Miss Bella~she did not go...just got in the photo), the hubby, my youngest child, Dustin and Speed. They loaded up on Red Bull shots and Starbucks coffee for the 15 hour drive to Colorado. What a ride it was and all made it in one piece!

Our son....did this for this little guy who gives Speed the juiciest kisses!

AND for this little one who has been with Speed since we got her! This is her Speedy!
So goodbye from our home to my son's home where she will be totally loved on from sunrise to sunset. Now if they can teach her to do her business in the snow!!! I'll let ya know how it goes!



5 comments:

Linda said...

Awwww, Speed is beautiful and she's lucky to be going to such a loving new home. I bet the kids are sooo excited!

Debbie said...

It looks like that's one lucky dog!

Justabeachkat said...

Cute photos! Speed looks like a sweetie pie. I'm so glad he will be getting lots of loving.

Hugs from the beach!
Kat

The Berry's Patch said...

I'm so glad she went to a good home. He looks just like Charlie from the Pioneer Woman's blog. I have a border collie that needs so much more than I can give her. I feel guilty about it. I keep thinking that if I could find someone with a farm that would keep her busy AND would love her, let her sleep on the couch and give her lots of attention I would let her go. I haven't found that person yet. :-)

Maggie said...

Bassets need constant love and attention. So glad yours could go to a new home but still stay in the family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails